Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Todays Appointment

So today I went to see Dr. Silverstien my Reproductive Endocrinologist. She checked my ovaries ( how did I get so lucky to get to have a pelvic exam EVERY month??), and then she looked over my basal temperatures. We also discussed the ovulation predictor tests that I have to do, this is where you pee on a stick, much like a pregnancy test. It tests for the rise in hormones specific to ovulation. Well I had two days back to back that were positive for ovulation this month.

We also discussed Intrauterine Insemination, which is a procedure that involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization. A catheter is used to place a number of washed sperm directly into the uterus. So the plan is to get busy, and have some fun through the summer. If it isn't in the cards for us to be pregnant by September then I will be referred to Dr. Robins, and we will try insemination.This is his website, and I've been reading through it .http://www.fertilitydoctor.net/ I am excited for this new possibility, and it isn't as expensive as I thought. It is around $1100, but I am not sure if insurance will cover any of that, there is testing and medications involved that they may cover. Compared to Invitro fertilization, and adoption this is a cheaper alternative. Crazy to think that $1100 is cheap..lol.

So this week Kenny and I are on our way to California to see family and have some fun! I am also taking a break from school so I can enjoy myself and the sunshine. Will check back in, in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. YAY FOR OVULATION!!!! You got this girl!! It seems like God is moving everything into place for you!! I'm so excited for you and pray for BIG success!!! Love you cuz!! God Bless and Good Luck!!! Baby dust!!!

    ReplyDelete